What Type of Homeowners Insurance Do You Need?

Let Higgins help you chose what is right for your needs!

People take out homeowners insurance for the same reason they take out car and health insurance: If a home is damaged or someone else is injured on the property, insurance helps owners cope with the financial consequences. Homeowners insurance is actually a combination of two different types of protection, hazard insurance and liability insurance. Here at Higgins Insurance, we want to make sure you know.

Hazard Insurance

Hazard insurance protects you against unintentional damage or destruction to your house or its’ contents, including fire, storm, theft, vandalism and similar threats.


Liability insurance covers personal liability for accidents on your property. If your neighbor trips on a hose in your yard and breaks his/her ankle, for example, liability insurance will pay for his/her medical expenses, up to the policy limit.


Homeowners insurance doesn’t protect you against everything: Insurers routinely exclude things such as flood damage and earthquake damage from coverage, though separate flood and earthquake policies may be available where you live.

Check with your Higgins Insurance Agent about the availability of flood insurance in Kentucky or Tennessee. We have locations in both states. Our Hopkinsville office is located at 1819 E. 9th Street, Hopkinsville, KY 42240. Our Clarksville office is located at 120 Center Pointe Drive, Clarksville, TN 37040.

Higgins Insurance - Voted Best Place to Work in Kentucky - 2024 Winner Big I Best Practices Agency 2023 - Higgins Insurance

Copyright © 2024 Higgins Insurance. All Rights Reserved. // Website Designed by Thrive Creative Group, LLC